ESPN’s Terms and Conditions – Wembley
ESPN (EUROPE, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA) LIMITED
PLAY AT WEMBLEY COMPETITION
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promoter of the Play at Wembley competition (the “Promotion”) is ESPN (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Limited, Registered in England & Wales, Registration Number 06565173, 3 Queen Caroline Street, London W6 9PE (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promotion is open to all United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Island residents, aged 18 years or over at the date of entry, who enter on or before the closing date, excluding employees of the Promoter, ESPN Inc, The Walt Disney Company, their families, agents and anyone involved in the administration of the Promotion. The eligibility of any entrant (“Entrant”) is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. Proof of age may be required. By entering the Promotion, Entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted by them is true, accurate and complete.
3. To take part in the Promotion, Entrants must provide the correct answer to the question listed on the competition page to be found at the url [http://tv.espn.co.uk/gb/espl/competitions-listings/wembley/] and provide the contact details requested. The Promotion will commence on Monday 31st October 2011 and will close at 12pm midnight GMT on Sunday 13th November 2011.
4. The prize on offer is for 1 prize winner and 1 friend to play on the pitch at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday 23rd November 2011 and meet ESPN’s FA Cup presenting team. The prize does not include the cost of transport to/from Wembley Stadium. Prize winners living within a 50-mile radius of Wembley Stadium will be required to fund their own travel/accommodation. For prize winners living outside a 50-mile radius of Wembley Stadium, a maximum of £200 per person will be provided to cover travel and accommodation. Prize winners must arrive at Wembley Stadium by 9am on Wednesday 23rd November in order to take part. The Promoter and/or Wembley Stadium reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone arriving later than the specified time.
6. No entries will be accepted after the closing date and duplicate entries will be disqualified. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of submission of a form will not constitute proof of entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who submit obscene or offensive information.
7. The prize winner will be determined by random from the correct answers received before the closing date and will be notified by telephone or email within 7 days of the draw taking place. Winners must claim their prize within 3 days of notification. Failure to respond to a prize notification within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternative winner may be selected from the eligible entries received at the Promoter’s discretion. If winners are not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, the Promoter reserves the right in its discretion to award the prize to another Entrant. The Promoter will not be liable if a prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter. Before a prize is awarded, the prize winner may be required to sign a statement of eligibility, travel/participation waiver form and liability/publicity release. Details of the names and counties of prize winners may be requested by writing to the Promoter at the Promoter’s address set out above.
8. No alternative prizes will be awarded and there are no cash alternatives to the prizes. If for any reason it is not possible to provide a stated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value. Prizes are not transferable unless agreed in writing by the Promoter. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply to prizes as indicated.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on all Entrants. No correspondence will be entered into and no entries can be returned. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
10. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for resultant loss or damage (other than death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter or their agents) as a result of entering the Promotion or any prizes awarded.
11. The winner may be required to participate in publicity surrounding a promotion and consents to his/her name, location and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Promoter and its business.
12. The instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion Entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and will be bound by them. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Promotion and/or the dates on which the competition will be promoted and the Promoter reserves the right to alter or withdraw the Promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage if deemed necessary in its sole opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
13. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.