ESPN Goals, the free mobile app which brings UK fans video of goals and highlights from every Barclays Premier League match within minutes of action taking place, is back with an enhanced version for the new football season. ESPN Goals is available from tonight, at no cost to football fans via Apple iTunes, Android Market, Nokia’s OVI Store, the Blackberry App World, and Windows Phone Marketplace – covering the entire range of major smartphone platforms. ESPN Goals complements ESPN’s multi-platform football offering this coming season. Online and on mobile, ESPN will provide UK fans with the latest news, information, analysis, and exclusive video on ESPN.co.uk and ESPNFC.com
- Fans can watch video from selected ESPN studio-based programming, such as its pre- and post-match studio analysis around its live televised football coverage, and video previews of upcoming matches featuring ESPN’s line-up of football experts.
- Introducing in-app social media functionality: video highlights can be shared with other ESPN Goals users and friends who do not have the app.
- Enhanced video quality and design across all platforms: a new club personalisation tab allowing fans to track all videos, fixtures, news and scores around their clubs.
- Goal and video alerts including half time, full time and weekend round-up clips.
- Key season stats – top scorers, assists and discipline.
- New Android version plus widget on home screen displaying live information when games are on.