ESPNsoccernet, one of the world’s leading online football destinations, is launching a free new mobile application to give fans access to its content wherever they are.
– Highly personalised and relevant to user’s location, app offers news, scores and analysis from major football leagues worldwide
– App available on iPhone at launch; Android, Windows Phone and Symbian to follow
The app, which will initially launch in English-language, is available now on the Apple App Store and later on Android, Windows Phone 7 and Symbian devices. With the latest news and information, it will offer fans the depth and quality of football coverage that the ESPNsoccernet website provides.
The app joins ESPN’s range of mobile sporting content, including the ESPNF1 and ESPNcricinfo apps as well as ESPN Goals in the UK, the free and only mobile app which brings UK fans action and goals from every Barclays Premier League match within just minutes of it taking place.
Key features of the new ESPNsoccernet application include:
• Personalisation: Football fans can personalise the app by their favourite leagues, teams and tournaments they want to follow. This makes it simple for fans to view all the scores from their favourite teams across leagues in a single window. Personalisation also groups all news about the various teams a fan wants to follow. Fans can check scores and news from multiple leagues via simple switching of tabs.
• Exclusive video & audio: Access to ESPNsoccernet’s range of video and podcasts including ESPNsoccernet Press Pass podcast, plus, video content from ESPN’s studio-based discussion and analysis shows and other video content dependent on territory.
• Push notification: Football fans get scores, half time and full time result alerts delivered to their device screens.
• Comprehensive football coverage: The latest football news and features, as well as live scores, commentary, match stats, fixtures and results, league tables, player and club profiles. Major leagues from the UK, Europe and across the world will be covered, as well as international football and all major tournaments.
• Intuitive design: The app has been built around the principle that football fans need to access scores and news very quickly. The app features a simple, clear interface that allows fans to switch quickly between multiple leagues and scores in a personalised area of the app.